The emphasis in this education is on the development of discipline, inquiry and the capacity to trust inner experience. Students are brought along the path of initiation by competent teachers who will help them develop a strong relationship with inner guidance and trust in their capacity to work with different forms of power.
Students receive education in the many ways in which shamanic practice can be applied to the modern context to address modern ills. Their education centers on understanding the emotional, mental and spiritual imbalances that arise from the disruption in connection with nature, others, and the self that is common today. This education prepares them to assist in healing others and helping restore balance to the earth.
Some of what is taught in the training:
- Applied Shamanic Counseling
- Soul Retrieval
- Power Retrieval
- Soul Part Exchange
- Working with Energetic Interference
- Guiding of Souls
- Healing with Light & Sound
- Drum Healing Techniques
- Working with Legacy Lines
Applied Shamanism Certificates
The Certificate Programs in Applied Shamanic Practice and Plant Medicine Integration provide a well-grounded and comprehensive shamanic training that is entirely relevant to the modern context. Graduates of these programs will have all the tools they need to establish and maintain a healing practice based in shamanic principles.
Most courses required for our certificates have prerequisites. The training sequences for each certificate listed below are based on prerequisites. If you would like to take courses in Applied Shamanism but are not interested in pursuing a certificate, the sequence outlined below will help you determine the order of courses to take. Please note that the Shamanic Journey class is a prerequisite for many of the other classes, and is a great place to begin.
Certificate in Applied Shamanic Practice
All of the required courses for the Applied Shamanic Practitioner Certificate are offered at least once per calendar year. The Applied Shamanism training program is self-paced, and how quickly you complete the training will be determined by your motivation to move through the program, the flexibility of your schedule, and the course offerings that are available at the time you begin your training. Some students complete the training in as little as 6 months, while others choose a more relaxed course of study over a period of 2 years.
- The Shamanic Journey (Prerequisite: None)
- Working with Dreams (Prerequisite: None)
- The Path of Service (Prerequisite: None)
- Next Steps in the Shamanic Journey (Prerequisite: The Shamanic Journey)
- Power Retrieval & the Middle World (Prerequisite: The Shamanic Journey)
- Depth Hypnosis Foundation Course (Prerequisite: The Shamanic Journey)
- Soul Retrieval & the Guiding of Souls (Prerequisite: Power Retrieval & the Middle World)
- Next Steps in Soul Retrieval (Prerequisite: Soul Retrieval & the Guiding of Souls)
- Next Steps in the Guiding of Souls (Prerequisite: Soul Retrieval & the Guiding of Souls)
- Advanced Applied Shamanism (Prerequisite: All courses listed above)
- Applied Shamanic Counseling (Prerequisite: Advanced Applied Shamanism)
Session Transcripts & Review
- Students must turn in eight (8) transcripts of sessions with clients for review. (Beginning in January of 2021, students will be required to complete a total of ten (10) transcripts of sessions with clients). Transcripts must be turned in within 12 months of taking Advanced Applied Shamanism and must pass review.
- Session transcript review and one-time certificate fee of $250.
- Renewal requirements include an annual report and annual fee of $195.
- For active Depth Hypnosis Practitioners, there is no annual fee and the one-time review and set-up fee is $125. (Beginning Jan 1, 2021, the review and set-up fee will be $250 for Depth Hypnosis Practitioners).
Certificate in Plant Medicine Integration
- All the courses in the Applied Shamanic Practitioner Sequence
- Plant Medicine: Preparing and Integrating the Experience (Prerequisite: None)
- Advanced Training in Plant Medicine (Prerequisites: Advanced Applied Shamanism, Plant Medicine: Preparing and Integrating the Experience, and either Depth Hypnosis Foundation Course or Applied Shamanic Counseling)
Applied Shamanism FAQ from Sacred Stream